We take Multiwii 2.1 for example.
Download the latest version of Arduino and open “MultiWii_2_1.ino”. Go to the page “config.h”.
For MultiWii Mega All-in-One users:
If you are going to make an X style quadcopter. You have to uncomment these lines:
#define GPS_SERIAL 2
#define GPS_BAUD 115200
Download the MultiWii Mega documentation.
For Arduino Pro Mini & IMU users:
If you can’t find the IMU’s name on that page or your IMU doesn’t work correctly. You have to define all the sensors separately and correct the axis of every sensor.
Go to page “make IMU working correctly” for more information.
How to upload the program onto the flight controller:
1. Define the board you are using.
Mega users choose the Arduino Mega 2560.
Pro Mini users choose the Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16MHz) w/ ATmega328.
2. Select the serial port you are using
3. Click on “Verify” button
4. If you get “Done compiling” that means no error in the program.
5. Click on the “Upload” button
6. When the process is over you will get “Done uploading”
7. Time to use MultiWii GUI